Friday, February 6, 2009

Modern Minimalism: Part 2

Last June I cast on this. And in August I mentioned it. When I moved in October, it was one of the projects that stayed with me. And was promptly shoved in a drawer in favor of Christmas knitting, a baby sweater, socks and necessary accessories. Recently, it was resurrected because two unfinished sweaters seem silly in my PNW environment and with only one income, yarn acquisitions have come to a standstill. Time to knit from the stash.

So... when the sweater was last seen, I had one sleeve completed (balls #1 & #2), one ball's worth of the other sleeve (ball #3) and the back completed up to the armhole shaping (balls #4 & #5) for a total of 5 balls used (I only had 10 to start with and yardage/math issues.)

I have since completed the back (ball #6) and the left front (ball #7 & 1/2 of #8). I'm working on the right front now. I hope to finish it with the rest of ball #8, leaving me all of #10 to finish the second sleeve. If not, I do have 2 small balls left that equal 1/4 of a ball, which should be enough to top off the sleeve. If it comes down to it, I will frog my swatch for seaming.

Let's get to it, shall we?

ETA: Thanks to the sharp eye of 5elementknitr, it was brough to my attention that the location of ball #9 was omitted. It is located in the right front section. I was knitting with it and forgot to include it in the count. Thanks, Ruth!!

1 comment: